Launched in 2019, Resilience Lab, is building the largest, most diverse mental healthcare collective that brings together exceptional clinicians, technology and evidence-based practices for New Yorkers seeking affordable, personalized, integrative care that delivers measurable results. We believe that together we can change the way therapy is offered to New Yorkers by providing therapy you can graduate from, for the people.
Company website: www.resiliencelab.us
We are seeking an energetic and detail-oriented individual to join the operations team of our start-up. As Finance & Operations Manager you will play a key role in helping this rapidly growing organization to scale its operations. With a current growth rate of more than 15% per month, we will soon operate 10 pods across NYC, with 100 clinicians and supervisors and a managerial team of 10. You will work closely with the COO and leadership team to develop and execute on all processes and tools to manage and coordinate among management and the clinicians with the goal of increasing productivity and efficiency while controlling operational costs. You will lead all financial data management and reporting and all bookkeeping functions to guarantee accuracy, allow for planning, and keep the organization financially healthy. Your primary goals will be to help ensure the sustainability of Resilience Lab and make it a better work environment for our team.
Report to: Resilience Lab COO
Job Type: Full-time with Benefits
Location: NYC (Until the COVID-19 crisis is resolved, the team is working remotely)
You will be work on all administrative, business, operational, financial, and human resources matters, as well as reporting and communicating about these internally and externally. You will help provide support to the management team and to all of the clinicians.
Financial Management Support – 20%
- Quickbooks maintenance – Update all financial information with accuracy.
- Coordinate with the bookkeeper – Prepare and review data for monthly reconciliations.
- Financial data and records – Maintain ongoing and accurate information.
- Financial reporting – Develop, maintain, and prepare all reporting.
Finance Operations – 25%
- Accounts payable – Prepare reporting, initiate payments, and track invoices.
- Accounts receivable – Prepare and send invoices and track payments.
- Banking records management – Obtain, update, and manage all documents.
- Corporate credit cards – Review and account for all expenditures.
- Reimbursements – Prepare, initiate payments, account for, and track reimbursements.
- Payroll – Prepare and upload data to payroll platform and maintain reports.
- Purchasing – Research sources and options and initiate purchases.
HR/Talent Support (Recruiting + Onboarding) – 25%
- Recruitment assistance – Post jobs and applicant tracking.
- Onboarding support – Prepare employment contracts, setting up new hires on all systems, and tracking progress.
- Benefits support – Assist with benefits eligibility and applications and information exchange. Managing and tracking vacations, time-off or other benefits requests, and updating all org-wide calendars.
- Staff celebrations – Organize virtual and live celebrations.
Operations Support – 10%
- Data management – Update and organizing all data and files. Assist with applications and record-keeping.
- Project tracking – Guide organization-wide projects to ensure progress and timely completion.
- Procurement and vendor management – Source products, services, vendors, and manage application processes and relationships.
Tech Operations – 10%
- Software licenses and account management – Arrange and track.
- G Suite management – Set up team members and groups. Troubleshoot access and other problems.
- Troubleshooting problems with staff – Help all staff with technical issues.
- Coordinate with tech vendors – Manage overall relationship.
Workplace Operations – 10%
- Location and Office management – Identify offices and manage relationship.
- Supplies ordering and maintenance – Identify needs, respond to requests, source and order.
- Coordinate with RL staff on operational issues for each of our locations in and around NYC (currently 8 in Soho, Bryant Park, Chelsea, Upper West Side, Harlem, Bedford-Stuyvesant, Bronx, and White Plains)
- 5+ years of work experience in finance and operations.
- Demonstrated proficiency in Quickbooks, Excel, Google Sheets.
- Clear understanding of financial reporting.
- Substantial knowledge and comfort with business technologies and tools including: all GSuite tools (Google Drive, Docs, Sheets, Forms, Calendars, etc), Slack, Square, Online banking, Trello, Gusto (or other online HR platforms), Doodle Polls, etc.
- Shows a startup mindset, including being fast-paced, responsive, flexible, accountable, and with a sense of humor.
- Strong ability to communicate, including through writing.
- College degree or relevant work experience.
- Performance and results-oriented.
- Strong attention to detail.
- Demonstrates a willingness to learn.
- Curious and creative.
Salary is commensurate with experience.
- Healthcare plan, including medical, dental + vision care.
- Paid vacation.
- Casual dress code.
- Flexible schedule and remote work permitted.
- Integrated, collaborative, and fun environment.
- Close-knit learning community.
- Strong company culture, consistent with defined principles and implemented through regular communications and events.