Why this is a great job
You will be the head of operating for the company, driving the clinician and patient on-boarding processes, managing the overall Resilience Lab community in NYC. You’ll learn operation management, managing the executive team, building and scaling an organisation from a start-up to a medium company, and more in this role.This is a path to a COO role once the growth of the company has been demonstrated in 18 months.
email resume and cover letter to email@example.com
About Resilience Lab
The Resilience Lab is a new psychotherapy group based in NYC. We offer simple, personalized, and affordable therapy. We match you to a therapist based on a unique, evidence-based methodology, evolved from our director’s 10+ years of clinical experience. Launched in 2018, we are currently operating 3 offices in Soho, Chelsea, Bryant Park with more than 25 clinicians. We are recruiting a Director of Operation to drive the next stage of our growth strategy where we plan to scale our activities across NY in the next 18 months.
What you will be doing:
At Resilience Lab you will be in charge of documenting, executing and scaling the operation of the company. You will manage the executive’s team priorities, overseeing staff/internal operations, external facing initiatives and spearheading special projects across critical areas of the business.
- Drive the clinician and patient on-boarding processes.
- Community management for the overall Resilience Lab in NYC (client, prospect, clinician, supervisors)
- Documenting, executing and communicate key company process (employee manual, hiring , firing, internal policies etc…)
- Interface with Clinical Service for any clinician related process.
- Interface with Technology and Finance for any non- operation related process (data / analytics; diagnostic / analytic dashboards)
- Support internal decision-making through liaising between the executive team and key management verticals throughout the organization
What success looks like:
- Managing company-wide priorities to ensure the team is able to move quickly without roadblocks
- Approaching every item in a highly detailed oriented manner
- Prepare agendas, take notes, and assign action items at weekly staff meetings, manage the annual planning processes and programming for all hands
- Keeping the executive team and the broader organization focused on the highest leverage opportunities
- Taking ownership over special projects that may include the following:
- Developing and adjusting key performance indicators as company grows
- Leading the search for executive hires
What you will bring:
- Ability to handle high-level, complex and time-sensitive deliverables across a broad range of topics
- Exceptional interpersonal skills, cross-boundary collaboration skills, open and honest feedback and interaction
- Ability to understand and simplify complex ideas for broad audiences
- Great people management skills and an ability to delegate effectively
- 2+ years of related experience, experience in management consulting (desirable: interest or background in working in emerging market start-up scene and health services) or in operating a Health Service company.
- Proven effectiveness in driving complex multi-stakeholder planning processes, driving cross-team programs to desired results, and managing risk
- Project management skills including scope, schedule, budget, quality, risk, communications, procurement, human resources, and integration management
- Strategic leadership, organizational agility, cross-team collaboration, drive for results, and written and verbal communications
Why Resilience Lab?
- Fast-growing start-up backed by its founders.
- Exciting product in one of the largest markets in the country
- Mission-driven culture passionate about improving access to mental healthcare
- Competitive salary and equity compensation package
- Great benefits including medical, dental, vision insurance, and commuter benefits
- Flexible work hours, unlimited vacation and sick days
- Great office in the heart of NYC.
- Awesome team with a great camaraderie – we work hard and have lots of fun!
- Bachelor’s degree required (MBA a plus, but not required)
- 2+ years experience in operations, finance, consulting, or a people-centric role
- Proficient in Excel and strong ability to learn analytical platforms/3rd party services
- Familiarity with components of managing a P&L and ability to navigate through financial statements
- Understanding of the relationships between cross-functional business unit related to consumer products
- Strong interest in learning the full scope of building a digital product
- Have the attitude that no task is above or beneath
- Are independent, enterprising, self-starter who is comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility and operating in ambiguity
- Outgoing and sociable; willing to wear multiple hats and work on projects of all types
- Are resourceful, you understand that constraints breed creativity, and you thrive in an environment that includes limited resources
- Are very curious, not afraid to ask questions, and over-communicate with your team
- Have a sense of humor
- Salary of 50K$ plus bonus
- Path to COO role and equity